Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Important Message.....

As Head Cat and blogger, I pride myself on not only being entertaining, but on expounding on timely issues, one of which I will do today....

ANIMAL SHELTERS!

it's important, folks, to support your local animal shelter. I can't stress how overpopulated our animal kingdom is. Every year there are thousands of kittens born in the wild, so to speak, and without our local animal shelters many of them would surely die. I myself was born into a foster home and then adopted by my wonderful mistress from the CLIFTON ANIMAL SHELTER

But there are many other cats not as fortunate.

Maxx was born in the wild and rescued by my momma's friend's daughter's mother in law (how's that for a mouthful???) and my momma is proud of the fact that ALL the cats she's had over the years have come from rescue groups and shelters.

Remember - June is adopt a shelter cat month. It'll be here sooner than we think. Please consider the possibility of adopting a kitten, and dont' forget, older cats make great pets too.

For listings of available pets in your area, PETFINDER is a great site to bookmark and check out.

This has been a public service message from your spokescat.

ROCCO OUT!

1 comment: