Wednesday, November 2, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE HUMAN AND ROCCO's FAVORITE SCARY MOVIE...HALLOWEEN!





Firstoff, my siblings and I want to wish the Human a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  AND MANY MORE (of filling our bowls with good food, heh heh!)  May 2012 be a banner year!

Now, onto business...
My usual spookfest got sidetracked in October (but all for a good cause) however, I woudl be remiss if I did not mention my very favorite, scary movie of all time, the one I jump at (even when I know it's coming)  I refer, of course, to John Carpenter's original classic...HALLOWEEN.

Although best known for giving us Jaime Lee Curtis, Halloween was a ground breaker, a low budget film they thought would be lucky to break even...it ended up making millions, spawning over 20 sequels, and giving us the ghoul who wouldn't die...Mike Meyers! (not to be confused with the actor, of course)

ONe thing that made Halloween really stand out - and put my kitty hair on end, of course, is the enticingly creepy music - and the way it seems to swell jsut before Michael wields his knife. HOnestly, for a good scare without blood and gore, teh original HALLOWEEN cannot be beat!

Plot summary courtesy of IMDB:
On Halloween 1963, the small town of Haddonfield is shocked when six-year-old Michael Myers returns from trick-or-treating and for some unknown reason stabs his older sister to death with a big kitchen knife and is found by his parents staring into space with the bloody knife in his hand. Sent to a mental institution, Michael spends the next 15 years just sitting, still staring into space despite the best efforts of his Doctor, Dr. Samuel Loomis. Now, on October 30th 1978, something triggers Michael off and during a storm manages to go back to Haddonfield. There, Laurie Stode, Micheal's younger sister, finds that Michael is stalking her during the day. As Dr. Loomis arrives and with the Sheriff frantically looks for Michael he doesn't know that Laurie is in danger as her friends Annie, Lynda and Bob are disappearing one by one...(Laurie's face off with Michael truly proves he's the ghoul who cannot die - the guy must get up at least five times afer being stabbed in various places!)

For a more complete synopsis, check out IMDB!

And now, I must rest my paws.  SOOOOOOOO tired.
but I'll be back soon...got to say HappyBirthday to the human Thursday!


ROCCO
SCI FI BLOGGING CAT

No comments:

Post a Comment